- What makes a Hasty Bake so special? Well, we are so glad you asked!
WHAT MAKES A HASTY BAKE SO SPECIAL? WELL, WE ARE SO GLAD YOU ASKED!
In 1948, Grant Hastings produced the first Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill.
As one of the original manufacturers of the "backyard barbecue," Hastings was a pioneer in the industry. Specifically, Hasty Bake introduced the first portable unit, the first hooded unit, and a new method of cooking using indirect heat. Hastings' design controlled the intensity of heat by using vents, a heat deflector, a ventless hood, and an adjustable fire box, revolutionizing the method in which food was cooked.
The patented Hasty Bake design receives continual praise from food and industry critics across the country. In addition, our products are recommended by chefs and authors of cookbooks such as Born to Grill and Smoke & Spice. But don't take our word for it. The best way to discover the difference cooking on a Hasty Bake can make is to taste the results for yourself. That's why our ovens produce blue ribbon results in barbecue competitions across the country. For example, the Grand Champion of the 1994 American Royal in Kansas City (known as the World Series of Barbecue Cookoffs), Doug Steel and his Heat's Neat team, used a Hasty Bake to prepare most of their award-winning recipes.
Charcoal grill enthusiasts have trusted Hasty Bake to manufacture the highest quality charcoal grills for grilling, smoking, and baking since 1948. Some say Hasty Bake was the original backyard charcoal grill, but what we do know is that it's the best backyard charcoal grill. Made in the USA. From the full-size Legacy and Gourmet ovens to the smaller Suburban and Continental models, each Hasty Bake gives you the unique ability to grill, bake and smoke---all on the same unit! We also offer the Fiesta built-in model and a Portable unit, for Hasty Bake-ing on the go.
- THERMOMETER Utilizing industry-standard Tel-Tru thermometers, your temperature reading is accurate, within 1%, to the placement location of the thermometer, helping you maintain the exact cooking temperature desired.
- VENTLESS HOOD. The secret sauce to the legendary Hasty Bake flavor. Our special-designed hood holds heat and smoke, rotating it around your food, before gently releasing it out of the exhaust vent below. This creates perfect convection, which cooks food evenly and quickly. Our cookers have over 10x the linear convection of our competition, and the flavor difference can’t be denied.
- GREASE DRAIN SYSTEM. The V-shaped grills encourage grease and fat to drain off the meat, drip into the grease drain and continue outside of the the grill into a grease cup. Flare ups are virtually eliminated and your grill stays much cleaner. *see outset photo
- FULL-WIDTH FIRE DOOR. Allows for easy loading and tending of your fire throughout the cook, without removing hot meat or cooking grates. Also allows for removal of the firebox and ash pan for simplified clean-up.
- HEAT DEFLECTOR SHIELD. The key to smoking with our grill, the heat deflector shield rests on the firebox and distributes heat evenly throughout the cooking area without exposing any food to direct flame. It also works to eliminate grease flare-ups before they happen.
- ADJUSTABLE FIREBOX. Using the crank handle located on the side to raise and lower the firebox, this feature allows for total flexibility in the style of cooking - sear a steak, bake a cassarole, smoke a brisket. The pull-out firebox features a heavy-duty 1/4” steel firegrate which holds the charcoal while allowing ash to fall through onto the ash pan for later removal.
- LIFT MECHANISM. The cornerstone to the versatility of the Hasty Bake is the internal lift mechanism that allows you to reposition the height of the firebox. With just a crank of the handle, you can turn your smoker into a charcoal oven. A few more cranks and you’re searing, 2 inches above scorching hot coals. An easy-read indicator needle on the front of the grill allows you to see what position your firebox is in at all times.
- DUAL DRAFT VENTS. Stale air creates dirty fires and does not move quickly enough to evacuate built-up humidity. Utilizing an intake and exhaust vent system, you can choose exactly how clean of a fire to burn, and how quickly to move the air, giving you total control over every aspect of your cook.
- ASH PAN. Cleaning your grill is a breeze with our slide-out ash pan. As your charcoal is consumed, the ash falls through the firegrate and onto the ashpan. As soon as your grill cools, a quick slide out and dump and you’re back in business. Line it with foil for an even easier clean up!
2 VENTLESS HOOD
3 GREASE DRAIN SYSTEM
4 FIRE DOOR
5 HEAT DEFLECTOR
6 FIRE BOX